Book-A-Holic Anon

Making Him Sweat (Harlequin Blaze Series #740)

Making Him Sweat - Meg  Maguire This was an interesting story of how things are not always the way you imagine them to be. Both main characters think they have each other figured out and realize over time that maybe just maybe people are more than their outer appearances and professions entail.Jenna was estranged from her father at a very early age. We find out why as the story unfolds but she has a lot of bad impressions of fighters due to this. She inherits the gym her father owned and has plans to open a matchmaking business to replace it. She's confronted by the manager of the gym and when she also feels a strong attraction to him she just doesn't know what to think of it. During the course of this story she finds out more about the man her father was and also realizes that what she needs isn't necessarily what she planned out in minute detail for her life.Mercer isn't looking forward to meeting this "daughter" of his mentor. She hasn't been a part of his life even when he was dying so he isn't prepared to meet someone that draws out all his protective instincts and lustful thoughts. He's upset when she plans to close the gym that has been his life for years but as he gets to know her he does understand it. He's a very smart man underneath the rough exterior and seeing him open up about what he wants from life was interesting. There is a nice amount of chemistry in this and there is a bit of an opening for more about the gym along with the matchmaking business that I hope gets to be told. Special thanks to NetGalley.com and Harlequin for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.