Book-A-Holic Anon

Rev It Up (Black Knights Inc.)

Rev It Up - Julie Ann Walker I have to say this is my favorite one of the series so far. Both of the main pair have issues.. major issues … but the love and heat between them is just too good for words.We got to know Michelle in the last book when her true identity becomes known to the members of Black Knights Inc. She's a single mom who we find out was widowed by her special forces husband. I liked getting to know her and her son plus loved watching her come to terms with having to spend time with the man she never truly got over. She's got a lot on her plate and discovering that Jake is back with all intention of making her his for once and for all. She's not 100% happy about this but decides that due to circumstances having to be in the same house/room with Jake can just be dealt with. She is still hurting from the way they left things but cannot resist him for too long no matter how badly she's convinced she'll be hurt.Now.. Jake… dude… he's so freaking hot it isn't even funny but watching how much he truly loves and craves Michelle was heartwarming to read. I loved watching him help with little Frank … seeing such an Alpha male being so gentle and patient with a little boy.. who wouldn't just melt? He's done some stupid things but when you get to know what drove him to pushing her away.. well… my heart broke for both of them for the lost time. You add this to the guilt he has about her dead husband and there are a few tears shed as both deal with the guilt and time wasted .. I loved the way the twist came out and the fact that neither side gave up but instead faced their own parts in the way things went.Thanks to NetGalley.com and Sourcebooks Casablanca for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review. I cannot wait for more more more in this series and the Cajun will be fun to watch fall.