Book-A-Holic Anon

How Beauty Loved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #3)

How Beauty Loved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #3) - Jax Garren I really wanted this story but at the same time having this story makes me sad. I mean I have been craving watching Jolie and my so worthy Hauk find their HEA but at the same time knowing they have their HEA means that their story arc is over. Others who are as addicted to them understand my quandary but I hold out hope that Jax will get a chance to show more of the Underlight and give us more glimpses of this amazing couple.As those of you who have been following the series know, Hauk has had a major thing for Jolie since the moment he met her but his scars and status as a fugitive make him feel that he is unworthy of such a beautiful person (inside and out). He always dreams for more and at the end of How Beauty Save the Beast we got to see Jolie make her intentions towards this honorable man known. When we start this story Hauk is still healing from his injuries and it is causing Jolie to go a bit crazy with both missing him and worrying about him. She also is having to own up to her own blindness when it comes to fitting in to the Underlight and what she needs to do to make them feel like she really is there for the movement. She works hard to become accepted and I really enjoyed her willingness to see things from their side and not just get hurt/pouty when not everyone warmed up to her.This is not an easy story to write a review on as I want to let you enjoy the twists and turns Jax takes us on even when they break your heart a bit. I have to admit to sobbing a few times in this as their road to bliss is not an easy one and watching both of them struggle to help Hauk with his self-confidence was at times painful to read but so worth every second and tear it brought out of me. I'm keeping this review short but I have to tell you that if you haven't read this series you need to do so as it is such a worthy storyline to read and enjoy. These are two people that really deserve every ounce of happiness they can get and I adored that it did take so long to get there as neither character would have stayed true to themselves without all the pain and angst.Beautiful story and a wonderful ending to an amazing pair.Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review. Oh and I was lucky enough to meet Jax Garren at the RT Convention so I can say truthfully she is as lovely a lady in person as she is a wonderful writer. I cannot wait for more stories from her and I hope that she goes far in this business.