Book-A-Holic Anon

Hunger Awakened

Hunger Awakened - Dee Carney I have to start with a real quick note that the author must know I have a weakness for the supernatural creature she uses as the other half of her yummy hybrid vampire. Not that she knows me or anything like that but I do have a weakness for the other half that makes up Sebastian.Alice is down on her luck when she runs in to a strange man that appears to not only be sick but might be bleeding. She's drawn to him due to her strong sense of decency and humanity but she ends up with something better than she could have ever imagined. She's got a ton of things that weigh her down but even with nothing in her name worth anything this massive sense of decency and caring makes her a very strong likable character. She's rightly afraid of Sebastian in some respects but doesn't run from him and instead stands up to him and ultimately for him when things come to a head. I adored her willingness to run with things and yet show the presence of mind to wonder "Why me?" and "Am I crazy?" Sebastian has always been odd. As a hybrid he hasn't been treated with the true amount of respect he deserves. He has done everything in his power to help the vampires and the newly minted Council but also has been trying to find out who/what his father is. He meets Alice and is instantly drawn to her from both a food perspective and a personal one. He tries to send her away many times as he realizes he doesn't want to hurt her but he also realizes rather quickly that she means something that he can't quite put his finger on. He brings her in to this dangerous world and with her help finds out what he is and honestly finds out who he is. He's utterly devoted to this slip of a human and watching him be vulnerable with her was swoon worthy, I'm not going to give away what he is but I'm sure you'll figure it out very, very quickly. I adored it and am looking forward to more stories from this world.Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for giving me the chance to read this fun title in exchange for my honest review.