Book-A-Holic Anon

Captured Heart (Highland Hearts, #1)

Captured Heart (Highland Hearts, #1) - Heather McCollum Ahhhh another lovely Highlander steals my heart with his sexiness. Meg is running away from what will most assuredly be her death at the hands of her father. You see she has a gift that in most people's eyes would lead her to death by burning as a witch. She's a sweet person and very very strong to have withstood the horrible death of her mother at this man's hands. She can hunt with the best of them and protect herself from most attacks but when she meets our hero all bets are off. She needs to reach the Highlands to get to her grandmother plus hopefully find evidence that her father plotted against the king. Caden needs to abduct the niece of his neighbor in order to bring peace to his clan. He happens upon Meg as he is fighting off some Englishmen and realizes he has the prisoner he needs. He doesn't tell her but as they spend more and more time together he is drawn to her with all of his being. He works really hard to make her happy plus make his clan happy. I loved him thru this book and understood what drew Meg to him. I also liked that even though he kept a secret from her that almost drove her away he really meant well for everyone involved. You'll love the interplay between Meg and Caden both in the bedroom and outside of it. I also enjoyed watching her blossom when people found out about her gift but didn't condemn her for it. It made me have a lot of hope for their future happiness. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Entangled Publishing for letting me read this in exchange for my honest review.