Book-A-Holic Anon

The Darkest Day (Immortal Heat, #1)

The Darkest Day - Britt Bury This was a great start to a series and has me wanting more...Izel was a great heroine who has been led to believe she was a weak Fionn but in reality she is sooooo much more valuable and rare than expected. She has been unable to feel emotions and is very naive when it comes to real life.Kelvin... ahhh Kelvin ye of the loverly Scottish brogue... is a Pookah who has sworn vengeance on the clan who killed his father. He is loyal and while an Alpha also has a wonderful heart and soul.The issues arise due to her being the last living (on Earth) relative of the man who killed his father. He needs to kill her to complete his vow but the fun begins when a twist is revealed.I'm being good and keeping the twists out of this but go pick this up and see how these two work things out and both become whole as a result.Hot smexy scenes and a great main pairing make this a must read. I can't wait until the next in the series.Special thanks to netgalley.com and Grand Central/Forever Yours for providing me a copy of this in return for my honest review.