Book-A-Holic Anon

Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc. Series #4)

Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc.) - Julie Ann Walker Sigh… I want a sexy Cajun of my very own! I guess I will just deal with not getting one of my own by living vicariously through books. Rock has disappeared from Black Knights Inc and with that a mystery starts. He's been listed as a rogue agent and there is an order to capture him or even kill him by the government. What he is accused of is being a murderer which BKI knows can't be true. He's really hiding to try to get to the bottom of the mess plus keep his family safe. He really doesn't have a biological family but the gang at BKI is his family in all the ways that count. If he also has a soft spot for one of his coworkers then we just won't talk about it. He's always kept himself away from anything that speaks of love because of things that come to light in this book. My heart broke for him as you learn more about his history and then find out exactly what he has done. I personally wanted to kill those responsible for the sheer amount of pain he's had to go through and was very happy when this incredible woman manages to get him to really start to live again. He's such a wonderful soul hidden under this majorly tough exterior and seeing it break made me tear up a bit.Vanessa knows what they are saying about Rock can't be true. He can't be a murderer but there has to be more to the story. She takes on the tough task of finding him and getting him to come in to BKI for help. She also is incredibly attracted to him for more than just sex. She is drawn to this sexy Cajun and the way he makes her feel more than any man has ever managed. She pushes him to do things he swore he would never do but she also pushes herself to overcome major fears she has had due to a traumatic event from her childhood. She's strong and yet is willing to make a major sacrifice in order to keep the man she loves safe. I enjoyed her strength and yet also enjoyed that she opened up to him in ways she never has been able to. They both are able to overcome so many things together that their love story is just an awesome page turner that you won't easily be able to put down until you are finished.Read the rest of the series so you get to know the rest of the BKI team and then read about our sexy Cajun. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Sourcebooks Casablanca for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.