Book-A-Holic Anon

Lick (Stage Dive, #1)

Lick - Kylie Scott I have to start this review with a bit of advice - Keep reading even when both characters piss you off at the beginning. The payoff is worth it.Evelyn is a bit surprised when she wakes up in the morning with a strange man in her room in Vegas and in her bed. She's even more shocked when she discovers that not only is she suffering from the worst hangover ever but… she's married. She can't remember anything about the previous night and the way her new husband reacts to her memory loss is just a bit harsh. Her plans for a quick private annulment go up in smoke when her marriage becomes public fodder as she has managed to hook up with a major rock star. As she tries to come to terms with this news she is forced to take him up on his offer for a place she can stay as they make their annulment final. After a major issue with the way she's treated by not only him but his attorneys and handlers she runs away only to be rescued by another band member who shows her the only kindness she's seen since she woke up the morning after. She's got major issues with her own self-worth and also seems to find her new husband incredibly compelling when he finally speaks to her one on one and decides she wants to see what is really between them before she calls the marriage completely off. We get some back and forth between the two of them as they both struggle to figure things out but I liked that she wasn't willing to completely take him at his word after his initial treatment of her post-hangover. David is pissed off the morning after his impromptu wedding. He's not exactly the best man to ask about having a relationship and trust comes hard to him but once you get past the asshole image that he initially presents to Evelyn in LA you'll fall in love with him. He's such a lost soul who desperately needs someone to love him for him and not the rock star god image people have of him. He's hard to get to know as he keeps a ton of secrets from Evelyn and it causes most of the tension between them. I appreciated that once he realized what he was doing to her with his cold shoulder the man stopped and tried to look past his hurt to try to prove what made them both make the choice to get married. He goes through the most incredible changes as the book progresses and while you might be a bit frustrated with him as he doesn't seem to completely get why she might have issues with some of his behavior but when he gets it… he really gets it and I adored that he admitted his part in the whole problem while also making her realize that some of his reactions initially were due to hurt that she couldn't remember how much they connected.I have to say the one person who almost stole the book from the main pair… Mal… *sigh* I am going to say I cannot wait for his book to get here as he will be an awesome read. He's such a good guy in this and I can't wait to get to see more of him in the future.Thanks to NetGalley.com and Momentum for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review. It was a very good read and I can't wait for more.