Book-A-Holic Anon

Cutest Couple

Cutest Couple - Kate Davies So far this series has had a cute reunited crush story and now we have former sweethearts with one holding on to a huge secret. Both were good quick reads but in this one I did find myself a little mad at the heroine for keeping the secret the way she did. I understood her reasonings but just because you understand it doesn't mean you like the reasons.Bree is dreading the high school reunion but she figures her old flame won't show up especially since he hasn't set foot in their town since the last argument they had. She's not 100% thrilled that he shows up nor is she happy when her feelings for him don't seem to have gone away since the last time they saw each other. She knows she has one hell of a secret to spill but it comes out in a very public, very poor way that they both have to scramble to come to terms with. As she spends more time with him she has to decide is what drove them apart in the first place really worth losing the only man who has ever been able to make her feel anything? Marc is shocked when he sees Bree and realizes that she still calls to him in a way that no other woman has been able to. He's also understandably shocked when he finds out he has a son. He's pissed off for being kept in the dark and does behave a bit badly in the initial moments but I understood his reaction and just felt bad for him. I loved that he just wanted to know his son but as he spent more time with Bree he realized that he wanted it all with her. He pushed but also didn't back down when she wouldn't accept his career choices and kept his life going but with them in it. He's a good guy that deserved better treatment by the woman he loves even though I really did get her reactions and issues. I really did enjoy the pair and cannot wait for the next oneā€¦ ;-) Special thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.