Book-A-Holic Anon

The Baby Bargain

The Baby Bargain - Jennifer Apodaca While I enjoyed this book I also tend to not like the whole not telling the father about the baby. In this case the reason the heroine kept the news from the hero is understandable but still was a bit annoying. Megan has moved on from the man who broke her heart two times and with a secret after the last encounter. She's in the process of getting over a huge scare from the soon-to-be ex of a client when she is confronted by the man who still holds her heart. She's understandably thrown for a loop as he told her the last time they were together that he wasn't coming back to the small town they live in but here he is holding an injured dog. She tries to put walls up against him but also knows she is going to have to come clean with him about the son they created on that wonderful yet horrible last time together. She first wants to get to know him a bit better before she tells him but after some threats come in that result in the chance of her getting arrested the information comes out in a horrible way. She's still in love with him but knows he can never be the family man she has always wanted and after her sperm donor of a biological father she's a bit gun shy with letting him near her son. While I understood her reasonings a part of me didn't like that she painted him with the same brush even though in some respects he had made it clear that he didn't want kids or the whole family thing.Adam is a hard man to let in as much as he keeps big parts of himself hidden. He's still incredibly attracted to Megan but knows how he behaved after the last time they were together was beyond being an asshole. He is working hard on making a life for himself but still doesn't believe he can ever be the man that she deserves no matter how much he craves her. His reaction upon hearing the news about his son was understandable but I did like that no matter what he thought of her actions he tried to make sure nothing showed to Cole. I also liked that as he got to spend more time around her he started to see what he really wanted even though he didn't feel worthy. When you find out exactly what happened to him years ago it was heartbreaking but I'm glad he finally let it out and became the man he truly should be.Thank you so much to NetGalley.com and Entangled Publishing for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review. I really did enjoy it.