Book-A-Holic Anon

Most Likely to Succeed

Most Likely to Succeed - Kate Davies What happens when life doesn't take the path you thought it would? What happens if it does but you miss someone from your past and don't know how much until you see them again?Nathan has been wondering why he is taking his limited down time to come to his high school reunion when he runs in to his former lab partner that he had a bit of a crush on back in school. She's still as attractive as ever but he gets the feeling she is hiding something from him. He begins to pursue her for a fun weekend but is that all he really wants or is there something there that they never acted on all those years ago? He's very sexy and when he puts his attention to her and winning her over there is something so sweet about his ability to see who she really was behind the mask she tried to show him.Kelsey is the classic case of someone who doesn't understand her own true worth. She was voted most likely to succeed but here she is still in her hometown and only working at her mom's flower shop. She doesn't see that what she does truly is meaningful nor does she see how much she has accomplished even though it isn't exactly what she saw for her life all those years ago. She is still crazy about Nathan and ends up deciding to act on those desires even while feeling guilty that she isn't what she thought he deserved or thought she was. She's got a lot of self-worth issues but Nathan takes this and manages to find a way to get her to open up to him about everything. She really does end up with who/what she deserves at the end of this.My thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review. I only wish this had been longer as I wanted to see more of these two finding each other and making things work. It was a sweet story just a tad bit rushed.