Book-A-Holic Anon

Secret of the Wolf (Warriors of the Rift, #2)

Secret of the Wolf (Warriors of the Rift, #2) - Cynthia Garner Interesting premise and a nice quick read.Tori is the main female lead and a werewolf... but unlike the traditional sense of a werewolf she is actually a rift traveller who has been sent here as a form of banishment for a crime a relative did back in her home dimension. She is a strong female lead and has her own issues with family - she wants them to be this happy loving entity but her reality is a brother who is aloof at best and a cousin who isn't who she wants him to be. She has to go thru a lot in this and fortunately she meets and falls in love with Dante...Dante... sigh... is a human detective who works a lot of cases with Tori. They are definitely in lust with each other but he has his own demons to slay. He is a great man in that he has taken his sister and nephew in when their lives went to s#$%. There are quite a few steamy moments before they give in to their lusts and you see that while there is definitely heat there they are truly matched. The bad guys in this aren't surprises but you feel for Tori as she realizes what is going on and you hope with her that Dante will stick it out and become the perfect match for her.All in all a very solid read and it does make me want to go back and read the first book plus follow any others that come out.Special thanks to netgalley.com and Carina Press for allowing me to read this in exchange for my impartial review.