Book-A-Holic Anon

In His Sights

In His Sights - Tina Beckett I have to start this by saying I really wanted to like this but... Callie our heroine is pregnant with her sister's child. Her sister was married to a US Senator and worked with an aid agency when she was killed in what appeared to be an accident. She decides to do her own investigation and while at the US Embassy in Angola ends up being held hostage by rebels. She doesn't know they are out to kill her under orders from an unknown individual. She is rescued and helped by our hero. Cole is Special Forces and having ADD tends to act without thinking every single possibility thru. He is a very good guy and does think things thru but at times he just can't control his actions. He tries to compensate by controlling a lot of things around him but can't keep still all the time. He needs to be moving or doing something. He's sexy, troubled and I liked him a lot. What I didn't like.... How can I say this nicely... I didn't like how stupid Callie behaved in a lot of this novel. I mean she has so many TSTL moments in this you can't help but go OH COME ON.... I liked the whole premise and most of the execution but she just started to work my nerves and I just couldn't completely forgive that. She does a great job understanding Cole and putting him in his place when it comes to her profession but has no common sense in some of the dangerous situations they find themselves in. I still gave this 3 stars due to the fact I still liked the story and I would try more from this author in the future. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for allowing me to read this in exchange for my honest review.