Book-A-Holic Anon

Wrecked

Wrecked - Shiloh Walker I've been anticipating this book since I saw a tidbit on Shiloh's website back in June or July of 2012. I pre-ordered it back in August and tried to be good and not beg her for a copy. I was quite proud of myself for not entering every contest I saw for an ARC of this as I was trying to not be greedy and get all the books… Yes, I was trying to be good for once in my life and dear lord the wait for this one about killed me especially as she kept putting snippets out as the release date got closer. On release day I even gave away a few copies while I was being good and finishing up some review titles. Well I am happy to say that the book was worth every torturous second I waited and man oh man is it hot.Once Abigale left the world of Hollywood and ventured out on her own she only wanted to be normal. To her being normal meant having a plan and controlling everything around her until in reality she finds she's been living a lie. She gets dumped by her fiancé and thinks that all she needs to do is plan a new future. She's used to having her friend Zach there to help her and when he shows up to help her pick up the pieces of her life she starts to notice him for the amazingly sexy man he is. She's shocked and torn because I mean this is her best friend right. You shouldn't want to jump your best friend's bones, right? She ends up agreeing to having an affair with him to scratch an itch and do something she's never done before but as expected things don't go down the path she thought. She has a lot of facing her own fears to do in this but I liked that under all the fear is a really strong core that loves life even though she really wasn't living it.Zach has always loved Abigale. He's contented himself with being her best friend even though watching her date, fall in love with and getting engaged to a man he knows isn't right for her about kills him. While he hurts for her being dumped at the same time he wonders if this is the only chance he will have to get her to see what they could have together. When he sees that she wants to have a torrid affair he offers to be the man who gives that to her but isn't as willing to let her know he isn't playing for a quickie but is looking for the real thing and all of her. His fear of losing her actually gives us the tension that runs through the book as he holds back key parts of himself from her which she senses but can't put her finger on. He's such an amazing man that I kept wanting to yell every time he has a chance to really lay it on the line with her but doesn't. Some of the things he says to her that truly tell her how he feels without saying the words she really needs to hear were just sigh worthy and I can see why anyone would be lucky to have him. I'm going to leave this review a bit short on all the specifics because you need to read this and fall in love with them like I did…. by reading their story and all the ups/downs that comes with it.Thanks again Shiloh for giving me another great story to wrap myself up in for a short time. This one will definitely end up on my re-read list if I ever need a really sweet, true love story. I really hope you get to tell the stories of his siblings as Zane and Sebastian would be amazing to read.