Book-A-Holic Anon

A Home for Nobody's Princess (Harlequin Special Edition Series #2216)

A Home for Nobody's Princess (Harlequin Special Edition) - Leanne Banks I have to say the heroine's name is a bit silly but bear with it...Coco is still reeling from the death of her adoptive mother and the loss of the only family member she had left. She's working as a nanny for sexy rancher, Ben, whose daughter is frightened at the sight of him. She's caring and loves little Emma like she was her own. She gets surprised by representatives of a small island country off the coast of Italy with news that not only do they know who her birth parents are… her father was the ruler of this country which makes her a princess. Her birth parents are both deceased so there is no reunion there but she does have multiple half-siblings and one full brother that she could meet if she wishes to. With the news just coming out about the missing heirs the paparazzi are starting to swarm which disrupts the ranch and Emma. This leads to a "fake" fiancé arrangement between her and Ben but… could there be something more brewing?Ben is just trying to do the right thing for everyone.. a mistaken weekend fling with a not so perfect woman resulted in a child. The death of the mother results in him getting custody of his daughter but… she cries every time he tries to get near her so he hires a nanny to take care of her while he runs the ranch. You feel for him as he tries to get to know Emma but he really just wants her happy and if not being around her makes her happy he will do it. He's a good man but is convinced that he won't be with another woman in a committed relationship but when he starts to live this lie with Coco you know that the walls are going to crumble and he will find what he wasn't looking for.I liked both characters in that they do stay true to themselves even when the most bizarre things are thrown at them. Watching Coco so desperately want to be loved by the family she never knew she had was heartbreaking but what she ended up getting at the end of the journey was beautiful.If you are looking for a quick sweet read this will be for you and I thank NetGalley.com and Harlequin for letting me read this in exchange for my honest review.