Book-A-Holic Anon

Second Chance at Happiness - Heather Lire I have to start this off by saying I adore Heather and I'm so happy I had a chance to fall in love with both of her amazing heroes and the heroines who hold their hearts.Colin and Brynn have always butted heads and snipped at one another but as we all know in romanceland this just means they are fighting an attraction that they feel isn't appropriate or needed. When Colin is pushed to go over and check on Brynn by his wonderfully sneaky grandma he discovers Brynn in the midst of a medical emergency. He's thankfully able to get her to the hospital in time but this shakes him to the core. You see he's started to realize there is something there and maybe just maybe he should pursue it. Almost losing her before he's had a chance to explore this growing need for her just makes him determined to find out exactly what they have. He's got major scars from his ex-wife and the fact that his idiotic sisters treat him like crap but he knows that there is something about Brynn that calls to him in a way even his ex couldn't manage. I adored his willingness to take Brynn in while she recuperated (yeah I know he was sort of ummmmm forced in to it by the manipulation of some clever friends/family) and the fact their relationship has to have a slow build to consummation because of her health. He just made me sigh as he shows her through his actions how much she means to him and the fact that he accepts her for her and not her wealth just took it over the top. His acceptance of her past was another part that you just can't help but adore as that could've caused a wedge between them but.. *sigh*Brynn knows she's lucky to have been found in time but she's still a bit dodgy about getting involved with anyone no matter what her mind and heart are telling her. She's still grieving in her own way for her killed-in-action husband. They had an amazing love story that was cut off way too quickly at such a young age so you understand why she's still clinging to that memory. I loved how she worked through this grief and shared it with Colin so he would know what was holding her back initially. She's a very strong character and you feel the love that she shared with both men and the fact that Colin is not a secondary love but is the love of her adult life. I also liked how her past linked with Colin in a way neither of them knew. She's a very lucky woman and stands up for what she loves and believes in. Her calling out his sisters for their behavior towards him for his treatment of the ex-wife was priceless and if it were possible I would definitely want to give her a huge high five as man oh man did they need to be bitch-slapped. Her also putting the final nail in the coffin of the ex-wife was another OH YEAH moment that you just have to read. She's smart, sneaky and even though she tried to hide how much Colin meant to her initially it did just come off the page.This is a couple that deserves every bit of happiness they get and I cannot thank Heather enough for being so generous in letting me read this one early. I adored it and like I asked her yesterday.... WHEN DO WE GET MORE MORE MORE??? Huh Huh Huh...