Book-A-Holic Anon

Never Deal with Dragons - Lorenda Christensen Now this is a dragon story I can get behind and adore. I'm excited that there are three titles planned for this series and cannot wait until I can get my greedy little hands on them. I was lucky enough to read this a few months ago because of the fabulous Angela James and read it again from a NetGalley copy just in case anything changed between then and now. The story is still as charming as it was then and I can't wait until more people get to read it. You'll laugh at some of the antics that our heroine has to deal with but I hope you'll fall in love with the world that Lorenda creates.Myrna is having a crappy year and today just seems to be icing on the cake. Between having to calm a hysterical pregnant dragon and dealing with an irate farmer she just isn't in the mood to deal with much more. She just wants this nightmare to end and time to go back to when she had a job she loved plus a boyfriend who was on the way to being the love of her life until he disappeared with important documents that she wasn't supposed to have at home. She's forced to become a secretary for the unit she thought she'd be a supervisor at one day and do her bosses job since he's an incompetent fool. When she learns that her ex is in the employ of the North American Dragon lord and that she'll have to work with him on an important job it just is too much to bear. She's still struggling with the fact that she wants him even as he continues to keep secrets about what exactly his purpose is and a huge secret about exactly what he is from her. I liked her spunk and willingness to put herself in harms way in order to get to the truth and that she really did work hard to do what was best even though a part of her just wanted to run away. Trian knows what he did to Myrna was cruel and awful but he had to do it for reasons he couldn't share with her. He's a good guy and really was caught off-guard by how much he came to care for her but there was more at stake than just a single relationship. He still wants her once he sees her again but knows it is going to take a lot to get back in her good graces. I liked how he didn't want to risk her life but also didn't seem to completely try to hold her back. I did get frustrated with how long it took him to actually come clean to her about why he did what he did but I understood how he was caught in a bad spot with information that couldn't become public. I especially loved his major secret and cannot wait to see more of how this impacts the world at large. He's loyal to a fault but with good reason and you have to give him credit for really feeling like crap about how his actions impacted the woman he loves.About the only thing I would have liked to see more of was the main pair together and working on their relationship. There are so many outside forces in this story that they got a bit lost but I still enjoyed it overall. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for giving me this copy for review with no expectations on what my thoughts would be.A huge thank you to Angela James for giving me a crack at this months ago as it really made my dragon-loving heart happy. :-)