Book-A-Holic Anon

The Practice Proposal - Tracy March This was a sweet read where the drama made sense and didn't overpower the rest of the story. The main pair are wonderful together and I loved seeing them both wake up to live life versus going through the motions.Liza is stunned that her mother decided to bid on and win the blind date with Cole Collins in the silent auction the charity she works for runs every year. She's still not ready to move on from losing the love of her life two years ago but thankfully others finally feel it is time for her to live again. Do they understand why she still mourns? Yes they do but just because he was brought down in the line of duty (Secret Service) they feel she shouldn't stay in mourning for the rest of her life. She agrees to go on this single date but ends up liking him more than she thought she would and being around him brings back memories of her crush on him when they were both teens. She doesn't quite want to move on yet so turns him down for a second date but when his manager makes an offer to donate money to the charity if she sees him for 2 months and doesn't fall in love with him she just can't say no. As they start to see one another she really does start to want it to be real but isn't sure how to tell Cole about the deal she's made without it sounding worse than it is.Cole was something else (in a good way I promise). He's made a bad mistake by having a starlet in his car that had illegal drugs but they honestly weren't his. Unfortunately for him this comes at a time when the Nationals baseball team that he plays for is looking to keep a family friendly image and his contract is up for negotiation. His agent seizes in on the chance to have him clean up his image by "dating" a nice girl that will serve to provide this wholesome image the team is looking for. He decides to go along with it because in his life the only thing that matters to him is baseball. As he spends more time with Liza he realizes that this is a woman who knew him before he made it and has a way about keeping him real and not buying in to the whole fame/money thing. This relationship becomes real for both of them but watching what happens as secrets get uncovered was what made me cheer for him even as he was keeping the initial reason he kept pursuing her from Liza. He's such a good vulnerable man that you can't help but love him.Very sweet read that I would recommend if you just want something fairly light with a bit of depth hidden beneath the surface fluff. Both characters have to face their pasts and make the decision to move forward rather than keep looking back. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Entangled Publishing for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.