Book-A-Holic Anon

Night of the Dark Horse - Janni Nell Another cute entry in the series with an ending I was very happy with. Allegra is at it again but this time in Ireland where she has been called in to help a village get rid of the pooka that has been tormenting them. She's at a bit of a disadvantage as her normal guardian is a bit under the weather and trying to heal from their last adventure. As we watch her struggle to solve the mystery of who the pooka is and why it is so pissed off at the villagers we get to see why she is so capable of doing this whole paranormal investigator thing even without Casper's help getting out of all the predicaments she manages to get it. She gets to heal some old wounds from her past and we get to see what exactly is most important to her. I like her even when she behaves like a moron because I think all of us have those moments when our brain takes a momentary time out and we do/say things we didn't mean to.Casper makes the whole book worth it for me. I love seeing how much he really cares for her and his struggles with needing to heal which means leaving her behind. He always wants to be there to support her but things may not cooperate to make that possible. The Powers That Be are aware of his unusual closeness with his charge but as they haven't completely crossed the line maybe that isn't the issue. He's weak in this one from a physical standpoint but watching him still try to do what's right was sweet.I liked the story of the pooka and learning more about the Fae and other magical creatures. I still need to go back and get a better look at the beginning stories in this series but this one was enjoyable.Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.