Book-A-Holic Anon

Forbidden Fires (Bondage & Breakfast #3) - Jodie Griffin This was a very spicy read. The heat between the main pair hits you from the moment they see one another again and doesn't let up through the whole read. These are two people who really do belong together but need to let things go in order to do so. They need to talk and really listen to what the other is saying and not let their tempers and stubborn ways mess things up.Delia is shocked when she has to work with the man who still holds a huge portion of her heart even though she doesn't want to admit it. She's also aware more than ever that she wants to know more about the world of BDSM as she feels drawn to the submissive side of the lifestyle but never felt comfortable enough in their short relationship to tell him that was something she wanted to check out. This case brings her the chance to work undercover and explore that lifestyle but also forces her to confront her feelings for this amazingly compelling man. She wants to not feel anything for him but there is such a current of attraction and lust between them that giving in is all but certain.Colin has requested to work with Delia again to uncover who is setting these fires and has killed multiple individuals. He needs her help as he knows from their past case she can bring a new perspective in and maybe help them solve this before more people have to die. He's also drawn to her from a basic, primal level and knows that he will have her again in hopes that the attraction will die. They've both hurt each other severely with the way the relationship ended a year ago but there is still something there that he can't deny. Finding out that she is turned on by the world of BDSM shocks him but he's also floored by how natural it feels to be her Dom. He also has to learn how to pay attention to what she is really saying and not have a hair-trigger when she pushes his buttons. They may work well together but they both have to figure out how to not ruin what is sparking between them plus decide what is really important. I enjoyed how strong both characters are in this. They both have very fiery personalities but it works when they both understand where the other one is coming from and actually show what they really think/feel towards one another. This openness is what works and the past tendencies to keeping things/feelings in are what could doom them. I swear this story is smoking hot but I enjoyed that you did get a good feeling for their past which is what made the fairly quick resolution believable.Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.