Book-A-Holic Anon

Lord of Secrets - Alyssa Everett This was a good read but it did take most of the book to get the secret out that the hero is hiding and once found out I understood why he felt the way he did about the issues that have plagued him since his horrible childhood. You'll want to slap him many times while reading this but he's such a wounded soul I adored him.Rosalie is just wanting to have somewhere to call home. She's happy traveling the world with her father but in her heart would love to have somewhere she can put down roots and belong. While on their way back from America her father dies unexpectedly leaving her with just her cousin as escort. She's drawn to a man on the voyage who calls to her as a kindred soul and when he ends up being kind to her after her father's death she finds herself wanting to spend more and more time with him. She's surprised when he proposes marriage to her and decides rather impulsively to marry him. She's naive, generous to a fault and unbelievably empathetic to this wounded man.Lord Deal, David, is a very aloof man who others think of as cold and unfeeling. In reality he feels too much but also hides a horrible secret from the world that makes him feel unworthy of anything other than scorn. As he starts to come out of his shell due to Rosalie's love and guidance he learns that maybe things aren't as he always assumed but that assumptions were made from his side and the outside world when he had no control over what was being said/done on his behalf. He's very moody but when he lets his guard down you get to see someone worthy of love that desperately needs it. I really enjoyed the glimpses we got of him throughout the book but would have loved more time to see he and Rosalie happy.Special thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.