Book-A-Holic Anon

Haunted Sanctuary - Moira Rogers Ok I have to admit this - I'M A MOIRA ROGERS/KIT ROCHA ADDICT AND I'M PROUD!!!For any that know me this is not a surprise but for others it may be a bit of a shock. I adore Bree and Donna no matter what hat they are wearing and am looking forward to more from this series.Jay is the local sheriff and an all-around good guy with a bit of a secret. He's a werewolf who happens to be an Alpha but without a pack to call his own. He's always had a crush on Eden but can't spill his secret nor does he think it would be possible to walk away from her if he takes a taste so he just keeps his distance while still spending time around her. I mean this is a small town so being friendly is part and parcel of being sheriff. After investigating a disturbance at her family property he finds out not only does she know about weres but due to an attack is surprisingly becoming one faster than anyone expected. These two strong people become an amazing pair not only from a relationship perspective but also become the Alpha pair for a new Sanctuary town that they decide to declare. If you have read any of their Red Rock series you will understand the concept and appreciate what the pair with helpers is trying to do in the violent world of werewolves.I really enjoyed the length of time between them realizing they both wanted each other and when we finally get to see them consummate the relationship as it made for some fun tension. Not to mention I laughed out loud so many times at the ways they were interrupted just because you felt so badly for them. I mean poor Jay had to have immensely blue balls for the sheer amount of near misses.. ;-)This is not a flowery love story as the world werewolves reside in is bloody, power crazy and demented outside of Sanctuary towns but seeing Jay and Eden work to rescue her cousin from his descent to madness plus how much the others rally around each other was heartwarming to read and feel. You will get a feeling about a couple of pairs that might be coming down the pipeline and really want all this small motley crew to succeed in their new pack structure. All of them deserve it considering the hell they have been through.This is a great read and I cannot recommend the authors enough for it and others they have entertained me with over the past year.In the spirt of honesty I received my copy directly from the author as a result of a charity item I won last year. This in no way colors my review nor was one expected in return.