Book-A-Holic Anon

Asher's Dilemma - Coleen Kwan I would not recommend reading this until you've read Asher's Invention. While I was not a huge fan of the first novella as it was a bit too short to completely satisfy me, I did like the author's style enough to want to read the second book. I am glad I did as this story was more interesting to me although I was saddened a bit by the end … Yes it was a sort-of HEA but there is sadness behind it that I couldn't shake.Asher wakes up with a massive headache one day and the memory of a woman that he swears he knows but can't figure out who it is. This memory keeps haunting him until he manages to put the pieces together and ends up inadvertently using his new invention to go back in time to save her from being wiped from existence. The woman is his beloved Minerva and if he doesn't make things right she will be gone from the world.His trip back in time (8 months) was interesting and watching him try to make things right with Minerva while not messing up the timeline too badly was interesting. Add in a female baddie and his current timeline persona for a bit of interesting paradox but ultimately his love for Minerva ended up being the tipping point that of course saved the day. I felt for the 2 Ashers and Minerva as reality sets in but still enjoyed the read.I'm not giving away more as those who will read this would hurt me I think. With it being a short read giving away much more would hurt the story and I don't want to do that for any readers.Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.