Book-A-Holic Anon

A Night of No Return (Harlequin Presents Series #3098) - Sarah Morgan Lucas just wants to be left alone and he goes to his estate to do just that. Unfortunately his soon-to-be ex-gf decides to throw a surprise party for "him" which he promptly disbands and then also gets rid of the woman. He's just wanting to be alone so he can drink himself into a stupor but things don't always work the way you want them to. He's hardened his heart against love believing himself to not be worthy of anything more than a quick affair.Emma is a good girl working for Lucas as his assistant. He expects nothing less than perfection and buries himself and her in work. Nothing is important to him other than the job. She realizes as she is packing up to leave the office for holiday that he has left a rather important file at the office. She ends up driving out to the estate during a blizzard to return it and ends up seeing how tortured he is so stays there to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid or hurts himself. With this one kind action she ends up getting more than she bargained for but as they both work thru their issues they both end up with what they never thought was possible.My heart hurt for both of them placed in to situations where neither was getting what they truly deserved or needed. Emma is such a kind person and works so hard for what she has even at the expense of self. I loved her but felt that the story was a bit rushed in some respects. I think if we had more time to get to see the two of them together outside of the trip I might have bought in to it a bit more but all in all a nice quick read.Thanks to NetGalley.com and Harlequin for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.