Book-A-Holic Anon

Cowboy Cop - Rita Herron I enjoyed this story but wanted more time between the H/h. Miles is a cop and that has driven him to sacrifice everything in his life. He barely has a life outside of work even with his son. When his son sees his mom killed it throws everything out of whack. He's not sure what to do to take care of him so takes him out to a ranch his friend runs that helps kids. While there he is trying to be a good father but his cop instincts are screaming at him to get the killer back behind bars and protect his son. He meets Jordan and is drawn to her although he is no place to start a relationship he just wants her ….Jordan is a great woman who is out on the ranch to help kids heal. She's been through her own trama but this is not a woman who backs down from a fight. I loved her heart and her strength under horrible circumstances but wasn't as fond of how quickly she and Miles paired up.This was a nice read but I would have liked a bit more time with them as a couple before the book ends.. :-(Thanks to NetGalley.com and Harlequin for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.