Book-A-Holic Anon

Running in the Dark - Regan Summers While I enjoyed this quick read I would have probably appreciated it a bit more by reading the first novella in the series. I am going to end up going back and reading the first one but it may be a while as my TBR is a bit out of control. Sydney is a courier and the lover of the local head vampire. She's kick-ass and yet vulnerable which was something I enjoyed. She doesn't do a lot of stupid things even though at times you just want to go why?? You know they will gladly kill you but you still put yourself in the line of fire. I mean I get it but… LOLThe little we saw of Malcolm had me intrigued. He is definitely a powerful man but for her he tempers it. He could kill her with just a wrong move but he wants her so much that he tempers the strength and power to a level that won't harm his mortal lover. He's a great leader who understands how to play the game he hates but is willing to do in order to keep those important to him safe.Thanks to Carina Press and NetGalley.com for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.