Book-A-Holic Anon

Flash of Death - Cindy Dees On Goodreads I rated this a 4 because it was closer to that than a 3… I wish GR had 1/2 stars...Chloe is not having the best of days.. I mean she's at her sister's wedding by herself and feels out-of-place watching the happy couple. Not that she isn't happy for her sister but it can make you think about what you might be missing. She's finally to where she can head back to the hotel but while crossing the street she is almost run over by an SUV. Luckily instead she gets run over by a hunk o' man meat… ;-) She's shaken up but feels an immense amount of chemistry with this man and decides (with the help of alcohol) to take advantage of what he offers. She tells him some fantasies which they end up living out thru the night but the next day she gets back to the real world with some regrets. She's a forensic accountant who is just starting a new job undercover for the FBI and figures she'll never see him again. As you know this is a romance soooo….Trent has undergone some experimental medical treatment for a rare disorder and it has some interesting side effects. In his case it is increased speed which also has an impact on his metabolism and makes it where the only way he can sleep is to take some mega-sleeping pills. He's all playboy on the exterior but when he meets Chloe… well all bets are off. As they find out that the SUV was not just a random thing he's put to task to protect her until someone can figure out who ordered her killed and the threat is dealt with. He heads out to California to protect her but she initially pushes him away even while she wants him...I loved seeing this pair figure out how to make a fling in to something more and watching him go all Alpha on her was fun. I know in real life we would hate that but something about watching an Alpha male protect his woman is fun in romance. He's such a messed up soul but they both fill a need (no not just sexually) for each other which was sweet.So for a quick hot read take a chance on this one… Trent is just yummy and Chloe is not a complete simpering fool. I'm going to have to go look at her backlist because I like the style.Thanks to NetGalley.com and Harlequin for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest opinion.