Book-A-Holic Anon

Yesterday's Heroes - Heather Long Fast read .. really really fast read but Rory and Michael were hot. The premise is a set of people were sent back in time to try to stop certain major events from happening in order to change the bleak reality they live in. They have been back for 40 years so far and in one moment everything changes. Michael has been following his target Rory for a few weeks and got close to her at a bar the night before he decides to complete his job. You see he is supposed to kill her in order to bring out the man they know as The Immortal. For someone who never misses he is shocked when he doesn't complete the mission but is also shocked by how intensely his mind/body is yelling MINE. He's sexy, Alpha and dear gawd is he yummy. Rory is a kick ass heroine who is incredibly drawn to Michael even though he is keeping her captive. She is definitely interested but at the same time worried for her missing partners. I enjoyed their interplay and loved watching how she manages to control him even without meaning to. I think another item that kept me interested is getting to the bottom of what exactly they need to do to get the future to be brighter. My hope is that there will be more to the world introduced in this quick read and I will have to keep my eye out for it. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.