Book-A-Holic Anon

Ten Girls to Watch: A Novel - Charity Shumway A wonderful look at growing up and what might have been but what is truly worth having. Dawn is a recent college graduate in New York City trying to make it as a writer. She doesn't quite know what she wants in life but thought it would include writing and her on/off again boyfriend Robert. Unfortunately she and Robert are off again and he appears to have moved on with Lily. He however continues to be a part of her life and Lily seems to be ok with having her there which makes Dawn a bit confused. She writes under a pen name for a lawn care blog and due to a party invite from Robert and an introduction from Lily stumbles in to a chance to do a project for Charm magazine. This is where the 10 Girls to Watch comes in to play. You see Charm has done this feature for the past 50 years and needs someone to track these women down to get their stories. Dawn learns a lot thru this process and also ends up meeting Elliot who is a bit of an ass. She and Elliott go out a couple of times and to her it appears that a relationship outside of being with Robert might be starting but things are not always as they seem. I loved seeing her grow up in this novel and find her way in the real world. I also enjoyed seeing her friendship bloom with someone you wouldn't expect. I think I would love to see them again about 10 years in the future to see how they both end up. My guess is happy, still friends and in love with their perfect partners... Anyway.. for a good quick read and some major feel good moments grab this one. It is deeper than I expected but still has some laugh out loud moments. Special thanks to NetGalley.com and Atria Books for givng me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.