Book-A-Holic Anon

Monster in My Closet - R.L. Naquin I have to say this was a pleasant surprise. I am hoping that we will get to see more of Zoey, Riley and Maurice as I would like to watch the romance play out for Zoey and Riley plus the antics of Maurice. Zoey wakes up to a noise and proceeds to run in to her closet monster from when she was little. His name is Maurice and he quickly apologizes for the misunderstanding from her youth and opens her eyes to the world of the Hidden. You see brownies, sea monsters and other things you were told when you were little do exist. Unfortunately her abilities as an empath have brought her to the attention of an incubus who starts killing people she has a link to. She just can't seem to catch a break with all of this information coming to her in quick succession but manages to not only make the best of it but also snags the attentions of Riley... Riley... sigh... Where can I get my own Reaper?? He's just a sigh-worthy love interest and saves Zoey from the incubus while still trying to woo her. I loved the fact that you get the build-up in this book and the only reward was a kiss on the cheek... Of course this is a good idea because now I want more... I want to see how the empath and the reaper manage to make it work and if Maurice will ever get comfortable with having a reaper around. A cast of supporting characters really gets you rolling in this quick read and will make you grin. I know I had a silly grin on my face at this wonderful story. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.