Book-A-Holic Anon

Aidan - Abby Niles While this was a nice read I find myself a little torn on how to rate this one. I mean I liked the characters and the world that was built but I can't quite figure out why I'm torn on it.Aidan has waited all his life to meet his fated mate but meeting her when he is trying to save his friend from the madness that can hit shifters if their fated mate rejects them is just not optimal. He's very laid back but stubborn when it comes to pursuing her even when she does everything she can to dissuade him and avoid contact. He's got issues with his past and is conflicted with what he did in the name of making money but when we meet him he's a good man worried about his buddy. He pushes her to not only help his buddy but also to see beyond her fear of the bonding that they would share should they complete it.Jaylin has a very jaded view of the wonders of shifter bonded mates. You see she's witnessed first hand the devastation they can cause when one partner dies or rejects the bond. She's decided that even though she's a half-shifter she only wants to find herself a human male to build a life with. She's also decided to change her practice to human only which is causing her to have money problems. When Aidan calls her to help his friend break out of the trance he's gone in to she's in a huge hurry to get out of there as she realizes he's drawn to her. As she realizes what is happening she tries her best to avoid him but when he abducts her and puts on the mask he wore in his old life she realizes that she wants the old laid back Aidan not the cold almost cruel one.Of course we wouldn't have a story if something bad didn't happen and when it does we get to see more than a bit of angst as everyone tries to get it resolved. I liked the moments between Aidan and Jaylin when they let their walls down and truly interacted but those weren't frequent as both sides had issues to resolve.Special thanks to NetGalley.com and Entangled Publishing for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review. I would like to see more of this world and hope she will revisit it.