Book-A-Holic Anon

Texas Hold 'Em - Kay David I can already say I am looking forward to the next one in this series so it can land in my mailbox any time now… LOLTimothy carries a lot of secrets in his head and heart. One of the biggest ones is that he is still in love with his ex but knows one of the other major secrets he has will make being back with her impossible. He's always seen life in shades of black and white but as he works this latest undercover op he realizes things are not always cut and dry with the ones you love. He's a hard man to get to know and it took a bit for him to grow on me but when he did I wanted to be in Rose's shoes because having a man that intensely in love with you yet willing to let you shine would be awesome. He is very driven to protect those he loves but also to do the right thing even at the expense of self and I loved that.Rose is very stubborn and independent but also has some major secrets that she kept from the man who held her heart. She's shocked when she sees him and finds out a bit of what he is doing in town but she can't afford to let him completely in her life because one of the items she holds secret is something he would never be able to understand or see beyond. The good news is she spills the secret to him and unlike what she believed he not only understood it but there was more to what she thought she knew about their split. He's such a closed door to her that when she can't ignore her feelings for him it tears at her inside. She doesn't want to vulnerable to him but he just has a way of getting beneath her skin and she can't turn away.This was a good story with believable conflict from the main pair and from the external players. I can't wait to see more of the team and watch as everyone finds their HEAs. I would have liked a bit more time with the main pair in this one but the pacing was still believable and very nicely done. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Entangled Publishing for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest opinion.