Book-A-Holic Anon

The Best Man's Baby - Victoria  James Claire has always been the resident good girl. You know the ones who never do wrong and always fit the perfect mold? She's making it on her own with a very successful floral business but has always had a soft spot for resident bad boy Jake. When Jake actually makes a move on her at her friend's wedding she can't help but give in and take something for herself this one time. Unfortunately this one time ends up being something that will change her life forever and also provide her with something that is more than she could have ever dreamed possible. She's strong, sassy and at the same time extremely vulnerable but I loved the undercurrent of steel she has to have dealt with some of the things she has. Sure to everyone else she's always perfectly put together but man does she have some demons of her own that get put to rest in this book. I loved how much she tried to keep herself guarded against what seemed too good to be true but she also did let him in when the moment was right even though he hurt her to the core.Jake…. sigh… Jake! Man he has some explaining to do and groveling to accomplish. Not only did he have sex with the minister's daughter, ya know the man who saved him from himself, but he also left without saying much of anything then was gone for 6 weeks working without so much as a it was fun speech. He's always played outside the lines but when you find out what has driven him all these years your heart will break for the kid who should have never had to deal with what he did and the man that kid has become. When he finds out the repercussions of that single night with Claire he is floored and wants to truly do the right thing. He works extremely hard to prove to Claire that he is going to do right by her but she wants more than he believes himself worthy of. I admit to shedding a tear when his past comes out but I also loved how her father and his family truly stepped up to do right by him when the truth finally came out. This is a man who deserves every bit of happiness he and Claire will have in the future and I hope we get to see more glimpses of them from Ms. James.Thanks to Entangled Publishing for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review. I definitely will keep my eye out for more by Ms. James.