Book-A-Holic Anon

Shadow Valley - Kate Sherwood Megan is not having a good year… First an old affair she had with a married governor has come to light years after the fact. She made a mistake plain and simple but people are making her out to be a whore. She is sent to rural Montana to try to help figure out if state dollars are being wasted on items that don't need priority. On the way she ends up in the ditch but is rescued by our hero. She's trying to figure out how to make the best of a bad situation and ends up in the middle of a pissing contest between local and federal agencies. In the process of getting to the bottom of the drug trade she also ends up getting targeted by some very messed up people. I enjoyed watching her admit to her mistakes but also own the fact that she couldn't change people's opinions but needed to make her own way. She does have moments of self-pity but you don't see her moaning and groaning about it. What you see is a woman who made a mistake, owns it and is just wanting to prove she is more than the affair.Joe Cody has always been judged by people who know his family. I mean if they know you are a Cody then you must be a drug dealer or involved in illegal items. What we find out about him as the story progresses is that he is a good man in a bad situation. He is drawn to Megan and watching them dance around one another was fun. He's sexy, Alpha, and very mysterious. You aren't 100% sure for most of the book what side he will end up on but when you get to know him… *sigh*. I'm going to stay quiet on a lot of items as I want to keep some of the mystery of both Joe and the other players in this story as I liked the by-play between all the characters. I have to thank NetGalley.com and Carina Press for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.