Book-A-Holic Anon

Trick of Time

Trick of Time - J.L. Merrow This was an interesting read although a bit confusing at times. Ted is at a crossroads in his life where he can't let go of the past and move forward after the death of the love of his life. He works and sort of reacts to the world around him but he really isn't living. He just keeps going through the motions but not completely participating in life. He goes out for a smoke and ends up in another era where he meets Jem who ends up changing him for the better.Jem is a street boy that does what it takes to get by including prostitution. I appreciated that he was willing to risk things for a man he doesn't even know but is drawn to. The relationship is fleeting times together as Ted makes the jump in time but when Ted goes back and ends up being unable to find Jem then you get to see how much this fleeting relationship means to him. It was a nice quick read that I enjoyed even though it does go quickly from meet to can't live without you.Thanks to Carina Press and NetGalley.com for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.