Book-A-Holic Anon

The Superheroes Union: Dynama

The Superheroes Union: Dynama (The Superheroes Union #1) - Ruth Diaz This was actually a fun read although I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more if it had been longer. I would have liked a bit more time to see the main pair together and make the relationship a bit more believable. TJ is a former superhero that now stays undercover but still works on behalf of the superheroes union. She has a lot on her plate with her day job and as the mother of twins. She is undercover and well hidden due to her now ex-husband being under lock and key for turning to the evil side. He unfortunately has escaped and in order for her to work on getting him back in prison so her kids will be safe she has to hire a babysitter. Annmarie is the non-superpowered kid of superhero parents who takes the job sitting TJ's kids. She isn't too fond of the whole superhero lifestyle since she basically was left to raise herself and not be seen or heard. She doesn't have a lot of nice thoughts but finds out really quickly that TJ is not like her parents but really loves her kids and wants them to have the most normal life possible. She ends up moving in with TJ to help keep the kids safe and to provide assistance as needed to the woman she not only respects from a parenting standpoint but is also highly attracted to. The relationship between the two women heats up very quickly due to the danger they are both in and progresses to love a little fast for my taste. I enjoyed the glimpses of how superheroes are treated in this world and will look out for more in this series just due to the novelty of an organized union for both superheroes and meta-humans. It was fun and quick with some fairly stereotypical good/bad guy types but the campiness is balanced by a good core conflict. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for letting me read this book in exchange for my honest review.