Book-A-Holic Anon

Twisted  (Dark Protectors, #5.5) - Rebecca Zanetti I've only read one other entry in this series when this one caught my eye. I really need to read the rest of this series as the two I've read have been enjoyable.Maggie is missing huge amounts of her past due to the torture she survived. She has only recently been able to control her shifts and still isn't 100% certain exactly who she is. When she ends up staying with a man who claims to be someone important from her past she balks but finds that as she spends more time around him she's intrigued. She ends up finding out more about herself and her past in this short read but I liked that she stood up for herself and wasn't completely "Woe is me" like others might be in the same situation.Terrent has lived without his other half for too long and now that he has her back with him he's determined to get her to remember him. He's definitely Alpha but is smart enough to know that the best thing he can do is be there for her and tamp down his need to claim her. He's very protective of her but still let her take the lead in a few ways. His charming ways of getting her to remember him made me smile and man oh man can he turn up the heat.I'm definitely going to go back and read the rest of the series ASAP because this was enjoyable. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Kensington for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.