Book-A-Holic Anon

Death and the Girl Next Door - Darynda Jones Where do I start with this… It has the snark and humor that I expect from Darynda but for some reason it fell a little flat for me. Not that it isn't worth reading but maybe I expected too much from it after the others I have read from her. This is YA so do not go in to this expecting a major romance and sexy times. The fun with this is the interaction of the leads plus her friends.Lorelei lost her parents years ago and has been stuck living with her grandparents when odd things start to happen. I mean odder than normal for her.. she can see visions of people when she touches them so that isn't exactly normal. She however sees someone that no-one else saw and then runs in to the same gorgeous boy at school where he is a new student. Combine this with the bad boy in school starting to stalk her and weird doesn't even cut it. She's conflicted and doesn't know what is going on but whatever it is the two boys are at the center of it.Jared… our mystery sexy boy… turns out he is more than expected and I enjoyed learning about him. I'm intrigued enough where I want to read more of this series to see how it all plays out and if he turns out to truly be on the good side and not one of the bad guys. I think the disappointment comes from the whole insta-love thing that goes on more than his character.Cameron is a bad boy in theory but when you get to know him he's just misunderstood and saddled with more than any one mortal (?) should be saddled with but then so is Lorelei. He's got a bit of depth to him I'd like to see more of and I think I know who is partner is going to be… :-)Throw in a couple of great friends and a secret that has been kept from all of them for a good time but just something was missing that I can't put my finger on unfortunately… :-(Thanks to NetGalley.com and St. Martin's Press for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.