Book-A-Holic Anon

Cyber Sparks (Cosmic Sparks, #3) - Robert Appleton Another rarity for me - f/f - but this has an interesting twist in that it is actually at its heart a sci-fi novel. I loved the idea of a world stuck on the latest greatest technology to the point of ignoring reality. Allegra starts this quick read as a model at the top of her game. She's in lust/love with another model she has known for years but isn't certain if the feelings are returned. At a very public event she is felt up by one of the big-wigs of the company and snaps by punching the woman which of course results in her being fired. After she is fired a systemic push to discredit and ruin her is causing her no end of grief but then she tries out the latest virtual reality device and recieves a message noone else can seem to hear. This voice leads her on a deadly path that takes her off-world to save the planet. She finds out that a being from another world is trying to stop the changes that result in the same checking out from the physical real-world that doomed his own planet. This isn't exactly what you think going in but it does result in a decent read. Thanks to NetGalley.com and Carina Press for the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.